For many, the daily care and styling of hair includes the electric hot air brush. In Germany, an average of almost a million of the handy dryers go through the shop counters every year . Women in particular use the versatile hairdressing equipment. As a cordless model that is also practical to take with you when traveling, all variants of warm air brushes combine numerous other functions for desired hair creations.
Before you get yourself a warm air brush, extensive research is therefore recommended. There are many hair dryers out there in the market.We present the result to you and show you how to find the right model of a curling brush for you.
Buying Advice For The Hot Air Brush:
- With electric hairbrushes, there is a smoothing function, the possibility to open curls and, in addition, a hair dryer function in both cases.
- With the help of different accessories and attachments, the hairstyle can be curled and dried as desired, styled and filled with volume.
- One advantage of electric curling brushes: you save time. Drying and shaping the hair is done in one step.
With a warm air brush you only have one device in the bathroom cabinet instead of a hair dryer, round brush or hair curlers and straighteners. Also save yourself the way to and the costs for a hairdresser: DIY is the motto!
Some models come without cables and run on batteries, others require a nearby socket. The types of bristles also vary in their softness and length.
1. Warm air brush – there are many models to discover
Hairstyler, rotating warm air brush, a warm air brush for short hair or a hair styler with ions: There are a multitude of electric round brushes with numerous functions and materials on the market. For example, some can only be used with a cable, while others come with a rechargeable battery . And is it necessary to acquire the warm air brush test winner, must it be a brand like the Grundig warm air brush or the Remington warm air brush? Different types of bristles are also used in warm air stylers.
We help you with your purchase decision and have therefore summarized the most important facts that are important for a warm air brush. Simply carry out a warm air brush test.
Technically, the warm air brush falls under the category of care utensils “hair styling devices with warm air”. In contrast to the use of the classic curling iron, it dries and shapes the hair like a normal hair dryer by means of a warm air flow and does not come into direct contact with the heated metal surface with the hair and scalp. Therefore, it is gentler in the process .
2. This is how a hot air brush works
With a warm air brush, the warm air flow reduces the strength of the hydrogen bonds in the hair and at the same time removes moisture. This ensures an even heat distribution on the scalp and the hairstyle can be styled more easily . Heat brushes with temperature controllers also have a cold air function with which the result can be fixed at the end.
Since the natural humidity removes this fixation, only a short-term effect is achieved: with a high-quality model, the minimum durability of the hairstyle is around eight hours. One advantage of the gentle procedure: scalp and hair are not damaged.
Tip: advantage of hot air stylers compared to curling irons: lower heat emission – temperature ranges start at 75 to 80 degrees, while they can heat up to 230 ° C with a curling iron. This means that warm air brushes are well tolerated by colored and split hair.
3. Know different types of hot air brush
The practical device is used by hairdressers and private users alike, because the application is fundamentally simple and the result promising. Nevertheless, the warm air brush test shows that there are countless models on the market that differ in details. We have taken a closer look at some of them for you:
Over all Best Hair Dryer and Volumizer Hot Air Brush.
I bought this machine from Ulta. I saved and saved and SAVED my points so I didn’t spend any of my own money on this and I am so glad I was able to get it. It does exactly what it says it does. So easy to use after a few practice sessions. I love that it doesn’t get too hot while doing my hair too. I love all the brush attachments. My hair looks like I just stepped out of a salon and I did it myself. My only thing is…if you have short hair…like chin length or shorter I don’ t think I’d recommend. The curling parts seem to need longer hair, which I have so it works great..but my mom has short hair and it was difficult. Would I spend my own hard earned money on this thing? no…because I can curl may hari with a curling wand…but since it was free….I thought why not. It does however cut your dry and style time in about half….so if your time is valuable….splurge!
3 in 1 Brush Blow Dryer Styler for Rotating Straightening, Curling, Salon Negative Ion Ceramic Blow Dryer Brush
Salon Negative lon Styling Hair Dryer Brush, Ceramic Electric Blow Dryer Brush, Curler, Straightener, Styler Brush
Wet and Dry Styler, Hair Dryer and Volumizer Hot Air Brush, Hot Air Brush with The Knot Dr. Flexalite Bristles for painless detangling
|Brush type||Properties||Suitable for||Advantage|
|Basic model electric round brush||Fixed electric hair dryer, pleasant to the hair and scalp||short to medium length hair||Easy to use|
|Rotating thermal / hot air brush||Automatic turning function, around 50 mm in diameter||chin-length to long hair||No separate round brush necessary|
|Paddle brush||For styling light waves and straightening unruly hair||medium length hair||Smoothes and brings shine|
|Steam brush||Even more gentle with steam||frizzy curly hair||Pleasant temperature|
|Hair dryer brush with ceramic trim||Thermal conductivity and heat protection||dry and dyed hair||Conducts the heat quickly and evenly into the hair|
4. The accessories must also be correct
The accessories that come with the hair dryer brush also play a big role when you buy a hot air brush. Branded models such as the Braun hot air brush or the Remington hot air brush often come with more accessories than cheap hot air brushes. However, it is not always necessary to buy the best hot air brush from a well-known manufacturer. What of the additives is necessary for your needs and what you can do without depends on the planned use.
- An eyelet for hanging, for example on a hook in the bathroom, is worthwhile for everyday use.
- A storage bag for safe stowing and easy transport proves to be practical for taking with you on trips.
- Attachments such as retractable bristles, smoothing attachments, volume fingers or centering nozzles are a must for all those who like to experiment with their hair.
- For those who pay attention to sustainability, there are warm air brushes with natural bristles, made of recyclable plastic and with rechargeable batteries.
- Temperature regulators are particularly hair-friendly – as a rule, the degrees should be between 75 and 200 ° C and include a cold setting for fixing.
If you are in a hurry, you should use a motor power of at least 1000 watts to guarantee an ideal air flow and particularly quick drying
- A roll-out mechanism at the push of a button ensures a high level of comfort; if you want to style fine nuances, a targeted air flow is suitable
- If you want to feel like a hairdresser, use a brush with a scalp massage function
- A hair dryer with quick heating function is worthwhile for those in a hurry: seconds after switching on, the brushes are ready for use
Other useful features are available, for example, when the brush can have a temperature control and an overheating stop. A two-sided attachment barrel brings the hairstyle evenly into shape. For models with a cable, make sure that the cable can rotate 360 degrees and is long enough if the socket and mirror are not directly next to each other. With a swivel on the rotating hair dryer, you protect your wrists and facilitate styling over your head.
- Combines brush, hair dryer, curling iron and flat iron
- Space and time saving
- Simple operation, even for inexperienced users
- Low temperatures: gentle on the hair
- Low durability of the hair splendor
- Models with a battery can be heavy and can make your arms tired
- Not every model is suitable for every hair
5. Questions and answers about hot air brushes
5.1. What does a good hot air brush cost?
So much in advance: An expensive hot air brush is not automatically the best hot air brush. You can also conjure curls and dry your hair with a cheap hot air brush. But even if it does not have to be the hot air brush test winner: Models for less than ten dollars often only offer the basic equipment and are sometimes of less quality workmanship. Often the function of an automatically rotating brush, the setting of temperature levels or a hair-friendly ceramic coating is missing.
The more accessories, the more expensive it can become: It is quite possible to spend around eighty dollars for an electric curling brush.
Some independent testers rated the Brush & Style warm air brush 1000 Watt and the BaByliss warm air brush Brush & Style as very good in terms of price-performance ratio. The latter comes with built-in ionic technology and makes the hair particularly supple.
5.2. What do we have to say?
Not every style is for every hair
The temperature required also depends on the nature of your hair. Modern devices display the temperature digitally. The basic formula is:
thick, heavy hair: between 150 and 170 degrees
normal hair: 120 to 150 degrees
fine hair: 100 to 120 degrees
dry, unhealthy hair: 75 to 100 degrees.
We also took a close look at various devices in terms of material, functions, handling and accessories in a hot air brush comparison. The comparison of a total of seven of the useful styling hair dryers, including the Braun warm air brush, was already seven years ago. But the recommendations for the styling stick with brush have not lost their validity. A total of four devices received the grade good, three passed the test satisfactorily.
There was only one with the worst grade – and this for the most expensive variant of 59, -. The test winner was the electric hair dryer Petra “Cool Curl”, which is in the middle of the range with 20$. It convinces with its compact design, simple operation and hair-friendly treatment. The brush makes the hair shine and turns long-lasting curls. The rotating hot air brush from Rowenta received the poor rating . An enormous amount of heat was found here, and the finished hair lasted less than eight hours. Fan protection was also considered to be inadequate.
5.3. How is a hot air brush used correctly?
Once you have decided on a model, it is up to the application. Overall, the use is simple, but you need a little patience and skill.
- The preparation: wash your hair or at least dampen it. It is best to style it softly. Provide a bottle of foam stabilizer for a longer hold at the end. Choose the brush attachment as required: large for volume and waves, small for curly-haired.
- The shaping: Divide a strand of hair from the main hair and wrap it around the brush. The more strands, the more curls in the end. If the hair should only be slightly wavy, only work on the end of the hair. Adjust the blower and temperature: the hotter the air, the faster the hair dries. Start at a low speed: If the electric brush gets too hot, it can be uncomfortable for your scalp.
- Fix : Now set the controller to the cold setting. The hairstyle is fixed, the hair automatically slides off the warm air brush.
On some models, long hair can be sucked into the brush by the airflow. It is best to buy a warm air brush with retractable bristles. At the beginning, let the brush head rotate for a few moments at the hairline. This is how you create maximum volume. Foam setting gives the hairstyle a particularly long hold.
Turn in curls, create waves, smooth curls, create volume: a blow dryer bust is an all-rounder . The warm air protects the hair, separate devices such as hair dryers, round brushes or flat irons are not required, drying and styling take place simultaneously. Depending on the length of the hair and the desired styling result, different attachments can be selected.