Tips and trends around women’s fashion
Nice clothes for great women
You quickly slip out of your reputable business suit after work and stand perplexed in front of your wardrobe. What are you supposed to wear tonight? Skinny jeans, a print shirt and a leather jacket actually go well with your girlfriend’s garden party, but since you still want to enjoy the last rays of the sun, you can go for the summer wrap dress, which you will later wear with a thin cardigan when it gets cooler can combine. This shows how versatile women’s fashion is. It accompanies you on a relaxed walk in your free time, at an elegant dinner with your friend or at a picnic with a sporty look. The following guide will show you which items of clothing belong in your wardrobe and how you care for them.
Table of Contents
> Which style suits you?
> These five pieces of clothing belong in your closet
> From A to X: These outfits fit your figure
> Care tips: So your fashion favorites stay beautiful for a long time
> Women’s fashion: everything at a glance
Which style suits you?
Fashion can be an expression of your attitude towards life and often reflects your character. Choosing suitable garments that match your style and underline your appearance creates a coherent and authentic overall picture. You can combine your clothes again and again with basics and high-quality favorite pieces. Accessories also play a major role in the versatility of your look. Find out which clothes fit your style.
Sporty and casual looks
Do you like to be on the go and active in sports? Then fashion should above all be practical for you and offer you the freedom of movement that you need for everyday life. If you want to dress differently for a special occasion, you like the classic look that doesn’t look too elegant and feminine.
Great basics in your wardrobe are jeans that make your outfit look casual, no matter which top you combine it with. Models with a stretch component are particularly comfortable and pleasant to wear because they do not constrict. In combination with a white cotton shirt with blue horizontal stripes and white sneakers, the marine look stands for long walks, a relaxing day with friends or going to the cinema. In addition to jeans in many shapes, such as mom jeans or casual boyfriend jeans, T-shirts are very versatile combination partners. Models with striking prints or meaningful statement sayings are very modern right now.
On cool days, just put on a pastel-colored blouson. In combination with a white blazer and loafers , on the other hand, the jeans look transforms into a suitable office outfit that looks casual on the one hand , but at the same time appears serious.
Elegant and feminine looks
You love to show your feminine side and dress elegantly. Not only in business, but also in your free time, you prefer a classic style that can look serious, but also festive. A typical look that suits your type consists of a black pencil skirt and a printed blouse. A beige trench coat and black pumps go with it. Even a narrow sheath dress in color contrasts and a flared A-line dress to emphasize your feminine side. If you prefer to wear trousers instead of skirt and dress, Marlene trousers are the right choice. You can do well with this wide-cut model with a plain colored blouse combine that you put in the waistband. When the days get cooler, the look can be combined with a fine knit sweater with Peter Pan collar or a classic, elegant cashmere model.
When it comes to shoes, pumps and high heeled sandals look great with dresses and wide trousers. Choose matching, subtle jewelry such as pearl earrings or an elegant wristwatch as accessories . A sturdy, cognac-colored handle bag is a practical companion.
Fashionable and extravagant looks
For you, fashion is a way of expressing yourself and you always follow the latest trends and looks. You love to stand out and keep redefining your style. You pick up the current boho style with a long maxi skirt , a Carmen blouse, a fur vest and flat sandals, for example . To avoid looking disguised, don’t overdo it. One or two pieces of clothing in the style are sufficient.
In addition to the boho look, pants such as summer culottes or jeans in a used look are modern. Especially at high temperatures, the calf-length trousers are suitable and airy companions. Destroyed jeans look great as cool shorts in summer.
When it comes to jewelry, it may be a little more striking. Large earrings with pendants are currently the trend and round off simple outfits. Filigree necklaces in rose or yellow gold are also nice details. Instead of a handbag , grab a backpack that you casually throw over one shoulder.
These five pieces of clothing belong in your closet
Actually, you don’t need a lot of clothing to create many exciting looks – it should just be the right ones. Great are classic basics that you can combine well and that can be remodeled with little effort and some accessories. This saves money and valuable storage space in the closet. The following overview shows you five items of clothing that you shouldn’t miss.
- The white blouse: as pure as a canvas – and just as open to creative ideas. The white blouse is the all-rounder among the tops. Combined with a biker jacket and jeans, it appears casual, together with trousers and a statement chain creates a suitable business look.
- The jeans: Denim can be elegantly and sportily styled. Since there are an unbelievable number of styles – from extra slim skinny jeans to wide boyfriend versions – you can wear these pants on many different occasions.
- The little black dress : a simple black evening dress should not be missing in any wardrobe. You can use it in many ways and spice it up with just a few accessories such as jewelry. With a casual women’s cardigan and flat sandals, it fits in your free time, with high heels and gold jewelry you can wear it to an elegant dinner.
- The handle bag: A high-quality handle bag in elegant black is a sensible purchase. It can be used for many years and fits, simply carried in your hand, for an opera visit with a strap, but also for a relaxed leisure look. Matching bag tags are nice details.
- The trench coat: A trench coat is a nice transition jacket and is therefore particularly suitable in spring and autumn as protection against unstable weather. The classic model is beige and extends to the knee. Today, however, the jacket is also available in a shorter version and with fresh color combinations.
From A to X: These outfits fit your figure
Because fashion for women is incredibly versatile, there is simply a huge selection. But which pieces of clothing fit you and your figure? Which tops or trousers hide small problem areas or which dresses emphasize your preferences? The following overview shows you suitable outfit ideas for your figure. Get inspired.
The A-figure: narrow shoulders and wider hips
An A-figure is characterized by narrow shoulders and a wider hip area . A full, round bottom and stronger thighs also characterize this figure type. Accentuate your hips with suitable clothing and ensure harmonious and balanced proportions between upper and lower body.
For tops, for example, you can use pullovers or shirts with eye-catching details. They look up. Also ruffles, frills and lace make your upper body look more harmonious. A loop blouse or a box-shaped jacket also suit your figure type.
You can use slightly flared midi skirts for the bottoms. In bright colors and with patterns, they look particularly beautiful in combination with a simple monochrome top that you put in the waistband. Dresses with a Carmen neckline or one-shoulder tops direct the gaze upwards. Do you prefer to wear pants? Then choose a casual boyfriend style dark denim jeans. Models with a vertical, light wash on the front of the thigh narrow the leg optically.
Tip: Make sure that your pants are cut a little wider.
The V-shape: wider shoulders and narrow hips
Women with a V-shape have a pronounced, sporty shoulder area as well as narrow hips and thighs. In addition, they usually have long, slender legs that they can emphasize wonderfully. Women with such a figure should choose fashionable clothing that draws attention to the lower part of the body and highlights the cleavage.
Reach for low-cut tops that fall loose and cover your shoulders. Even solid color sweaters hide your broad shoulders. Focus on your legs by choosing slim-fitting pants like skinny jeans . Combine this with high shoes – that stretches even more.
With dresses or skirts, you should make sure that they are not too long to emphasize your legs. Figure-hugging dresses or wrap dresses as well as slim-cut pencil skirts are beautiful elements for a serious office outfit.
Tip: You should avoid shoulder pads or tight tops. Coarse knitted cardigans also apply.
The X-figure: narrow waist and rounded shapes
The characteristic of the X-figure is a narrow waist. The shoulders and hips are a little wider, which makes the silhouette look like an X. The chest area is usually a little lush, so you can emphasize the cleavage great.
If you are one of the women with an X-shape, you should emphasize your advantages, namely your narrow body. Recommended clothing for this type of figure is high-waist jeans or skirts with a high waist that reaches down to the navel. Combine this with a narrow cut top that you put in the waistband. With a waist belt, you can focus on this area even more.
Wrap dresses and figure-hugging shift dresses elegantly trace your figure and go well with both leisure and business looks. For jackets or blazers, make sure they are cut at little waist height and have the narrowest point at the height of your waist.
For pants, you can use models that are not too tight and loosely play around your hips and thighs. Great models for you are straight-cut trousers or chinos.
Tip: You can also conceal a small tummy with matching shapewear under narrow clothes.
Care tips: So your fashion favorites stay beautiful for a long time
Surely there is one or the other part under your clothing that you wear very often. You should treat them correctly so that they look as fresh and well-groomed as on the first day in the next season.
When cleaning, you should definitely pay attention to the material your clothes are made of, because this is the basis of the care program. You can find information about what fabric they are made of in the care label. There are also instructions on how to wash the dress, jeans or cardigan. You can find further useful information on maintaining the different materials in the following overview.
- Cotton blends : If it is a cotton blend, you should wash the garment inside out on a gentle cycle at a maximum of 30 degrees. Use a detergent without optical brighteners. You can then tumble dry the clothes at low temperatures.
- Linen: Linen usually takes a wash cycle up to 60 degrees. However, you should not use the dryer when drying. Since linen tends to crease, it is easier to iron the parts slightly damp afterwards.
- Wool: If possible, fashionable garments made of wool should only be washed by hand. Use a mild detergent or a special wool detergent. Some washing machines have a special wool program. Then you can also wash the clothes, which are made of a wool blend, in the washing machine. Then dry lying down and do not put in the dryer.
- Viscose: You can wash viscose at a maximum of 40 degrees with a mild detergent. You should also do without the dryer here.
- Synthetic fibers: Polyester, polyacrylic or polyamide are synthetic fibers and can be cleaned at 40 degrees. Use a mild detergent for this and avoid the dryer. You should only iron the clothes at low temperatures.
- Silk: You should only wash clothes made of silk by hand. Use lukewarm water and a special detergent for sensitive fibers. The rule here is: don’t rub too hard, just gently move it back and forth. Then squeeze out carefully and dry lying down.
Note: You should not use fabric softener for items of clothing with elastane content. It attacks the fibers and makes the fabric less elastic.
Tip: If possible, items of clothing should be kept in locked cupboards. Here they are protected from dust and direct light. In addition, there are special hangers on which you can hang pants or blouses without the formation of creases. You can also hang delicate items of clothing or special models that you do not wear often in a wardrobe sack in your closet.
Women’s fashion: everything at a glance
With matching clothing you not only decorate your body, they are also an expression of your personality. Because how you dress reveals a lot about your sense of style and your mood. You can combine different styles with each other or stay true to a certain look. Read here again summarized which styles there are and which garments go with them.
- Sporty and casual: the basics include comfortable jeans and shirts in plain colors or with colorful patterns. With a blouson you warm yourself in cooler temperatures and on the feet you like to grab sneakers or flat loafers.
- Elegant and feminine: this look focuses on skirts and dresses. A pencil skirt with blouse and wrap dresses or models in the A-line look particularly feminine. Flowing fabrics with ruffles, ruffles or lace adorn the tops. Combine this with pumps or open sandals.
- Fashionable and extravagant: You follow current trends and like to combine different styles. A maxi skirt in a boho look or summery culottes will look great in your closet. Jeans with used effects and Carmen shirts suit you just as well.